Friday, March 18, 2011

Taking it slow

One of the hardest parts of weight loss is remembering that it takes time. It took years to put the weight on and it will take months to years to take it back off. For that reason, it is really important to take your time with your weight loss and to make changes that will last a lifetime.

The plan that I decided to follow involved two week changes. Every two weeks, I would make a single change to my lifestyle. The lifestyle changes accumulated over time and I did not feel like I was depriving myself of everything I "loved" about food and eating all at once.

The first change I made was to drink only water while at work. I did this for two weeks and made no other changes to my lifestyle. For the next two weeks, I ate a healthy breakfast every morning and still drank only water at work. In this way, I changed my eating habits in a way that worked for me and that I was able to continue for my entire life.

No comments:

Post a Comment